Best answer

Share link to contact?

• 18 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m setting up a lead capture form for an upcoming trade show. I’d like it to take information submitted through the form, create a contact (using Google Contacts, Contacts+, doesn’t matter), and then use ClickSend SMS to send a link to that contact to its “owner” (the person they met with at the show).

So far, everything has gone smoothly, but I’m running into issues with getting a shareable URL for the contact to be sent via ClickSend SMS. Anybody know how to do this with Google Contacts, Contacts+, or a similar app?

Here’s what I have so far:

1. Ninja Forms - New Form Submission (Trigger)
  2. Create Contact in Google Contacts (Action)
  3. Find Contact in Google Contacts (Action) 
    1. Hoping to get a shareable URL from this step, but that doesn’t appear to be working.
  4. Send SMS in ClickSend SMS (Action)
    1. Should be sending that URL from the previous step to the employee, but I can’t get a URL to send.
icon

Best answer by SamB 23 August 2021, 11:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @SeanS.0408

You’re right, it doesn’t look like we’re able to get a shareable link to the contact with the Google Contacts integration at present. You may want to reach out to our Support Team and ask them to open a feature request to have shareable URLs added. The best way to contact them is by using the Get Help form.

That said, we do have a blog post that has a section on “Add Google Contacts Workflows to Share New Contacts (Anyone)” which seems like it may be helpful in sharing the contacts. You can read it here: Add Company Email Signatures, Document Templates, Event Calendars, and More to G Suite

Hope that helps get you pointed in the right direction! :)