Best answer

Set assignee in Jira service management from Saleforce trigger

• 30 June 2023
  • 1 reply

We have multiple Salesforce to (Jira Service Management) integrations Zaps in place at the moment. One thing that I feel is quite a straight forward action is to set the assignee of a Jira ticket when creating a ticket with Zapier but I am not getting that option.

I’m looking for a way to do this as we want to set the assignee based on a field in Salesforce. 

The settings are:

• Trigger = Updated field on record in Salesforce
  • Condition = If 2 fields are specifically set
  • Action = Create request in Jira service management

Scenario: When a case is created in Salesforce, we user Zapier to create incident tickets in Jira and copy over contents of various fields from Salesforce to Jira. We want to set the assignee in Jira based on a “User Manager” field in Salesforce.

icon

Best answer by SamB 30 June 2023, 15:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Friendlyuser1!

Ah, yes you’re not the first to ask about this. There’s a feature request open to have other fields and field types added to the Create Request action, such as the Assignee field. So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that.

I can’t make any promises around when the Assignee field would become available but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is!

There’s an existing topic in Community that’s related to this feature request:

So as we’ve already got one topic tracking interest in that feature request, I’m going to close out this one. For anyone who comes across this and wants to be added to that feature request, please reach out on the main topic and we’ll be happy to add your vote for it.