Best answer

Set a realtime mulit-dynamic filter.

• 10 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I plan to build a confirmation portal for sensitive words using Zapier, where company employees can paste a piece of text and check if it contains any sensitive words. I plan to use:

1. Typeform: To allow company employees to paste their text and their email
  2. Google Sheet: To allow developers to add sensitive words in real-time (currently over 2000)
  3. Filter: To find the latest sensitive words in the Google Sheet and filter them directly into the Filter setup.
  4. The filtered sensitive words will be pasted in an email and sent to the employee, informing them of which sensitive words are in the text they posted.

I am now stuck with the Filter. As my Filter conditions are constantly changing, using "contains" to set it up requires continuous addition of "or" conditions, and it also causes difficulties in modifying.

I would like to ask if there is a better way to set up the Filter?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 10 February 2023, 03:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Go Karting 

Setting up filter with these many words can be painful. Instead you can use Formatter>Match Pattern and use regex to check if it the trigger contains the sheet words. You will need to concatenate all the sheet words into a single cell then map it to match pattern action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey@Go Karting!

That’s a great suggestion that Rob made. You could also look into using OpenAI (ChatGPT) with Zapier, though there may be a cost associated with it (as far as I know it’s $20/month for ChatGPT Plus).

That way you can set up a prompt that can check against a list of words, then it can provide which words your block of text contained.

Example (I’m not a master at prompts and don’t ask me why I chose those words haha):

c2cfdf4560db06a6dcd4a3452bcdfab6.gif

Personally, even though it might cost money, I’d say that the time you could save (not to mention the stress of trying to figure this out with filters, Regex, etc) might be worth it. Plus, reducing the number of Zapier tasks you use could help make up for the cost of ChatGPT Plus (assuming you need it, since I do know there’s still a free version).

Hey@Go Karting!

That’s a great suggestion that Rob made. You could also look into using OpenAI (ChatGPT) with Zapier, though there may be a cost associated with it (as far as I know it’s $20/month for ChatGPT Plus).

That way you can set up a prompt that can check against a list of words, then it can provide which words your block of text contained.

Example (I’m not a master at prompts and don’t ask me why I chose those words haha):

c2cfdf4560db06a6dcd4a3452bcdfab6.gif

Personally, even though it might cost money, I’d say that the time you could save (not to mention the stress of trying to figure this out with filters, Regex, etc) might be worth it. Plus, reducing the number of Zapier tasks you use could help make up for the cost of ChatGPT Plus (assuming you need it, since I do know there’s still a free version).

Hey @nicksimard and @robschmidt :

Thank you for your sharing. I finally used the ChatGPT method (and paid for it) to execute this project. Due to my lack of familiarity with regex, I used this method to try to reduce the steps of zap and it turned out to be very effective.

The rest may be my unnecessary worries. Because I have to filter too many words, it will exceed the current ChatGPT limit supported by Zapier. The current sensitive word database of ChatGPT is not enough to cover all the content I need to review, I can only let it do a small part of the sensitive word review for now.

I was thinking maybe in the future, Zapier will have the opportunity to get deeper into our personal conversations in ChatGPT, so that we can provide keywords to ChatGPT in the same conversation first. Then when using Zapier, we can directly send messages in that conversation, which can greatly reduce the number of contents to be communicated.

But still, I am very grateful for your assistance and if there is a chance, I will also try to solve the current problem using regex!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Glad to hear it was effective albeit with some limitations!

The OpenAi app is still in beta and we’re definitely only beginning to scratch the surface of the potential here so we definitely appreciate you sharing that feedback. 🙂

Keep us in the loop with any other q’s you may have - the team is always happy to help. 🧡