Best answer

ServiceNow Trigger for Updates is missing

• 15 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

The ServiceNow app has a trigger for New Record, but no trigger for updates.  Does anyone know how do we do this with Zapier and ServiceNow?

icon

Best answer by chanelle 4 May 2023, 22:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Jim Case. 👋

You’re quite right! The ServiceNow app is currently only able to trigger on new records, not updated ones. I found a feature request for the ability to trigger on updated records in ServiceNow though so I’ve submitted your vote for that trigger to be added. Can’t give any estimate as to when it would be added but we’ll definitely email you as soon as it is!

In the meantime, I’m wondering if it’s possible to set up a Business Rule in ServiceNow that would allow you to send a webhook with information about the updated record to a Zap that uses a Catch Hook trigger. I’ve not tested this workaround out myself but judging by this post on the ServiceNow community it seems like it may be possible. 🤞

If you do manage to get that working please let us know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Jim Case! We received word from the developers that this has been included in version 1.1.0! Let us know if you have any questions. 👍