Question

How do I customize Zapier invites for HubSpot events and fix invite delivery issues in Microsoft Outlook?

I am trying to send an invite for an event on google calendar on the back of a trigger in hubspot.

Firstly, is there a way to customise the invite sent out from zapier? So it is not the standard invite sent out, and i can write more information on it. 

Secondly, when testing the invite, it works for a google account receiving the invite, but nothing gets sent to an outlook email. 

Any help?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rayne Heinze 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Rayne Heinze, welcome to the Community! 🙂

Firstly, is there a way to customise the invite sent out from zapier? So it is not the standard invite sent out, and i can write more information on it. 

There isn’t currently an option to send out a custom invite email for Google Calendar events. I couldn’t see any existing feature requests for the ability to send a custom event invite message so I’d recommend contacting our Support team to request that they open up a feature request on your behalf for this.

You can submit a feature request to them here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

Secondly, when testing the invite, it works for a google account receiving the invite, but nothing gets sent to an outlook email. 

I couldn’t find any bug reports that match this behaviour. I did some some further digging though and found this topic the Microsoft Outlook forum which indicates that it may be that the email has gone into the junk folder or is being blocked: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/not-receiving-calendar-invites-from-gmail/049e78ab-a5c0-4ab9-b661-f1bc442bf26f

Can you take a look in the Outlook email account’s folders and settings (or ask the owner of that email account if it’s not yours) to confirm whether that’s the case?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!