Question

How to automate calendar invites and monday.com updates from Google Form submissions?

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

This is either really simple or a big challenge:

I have a catering company i.e. i would like a Zap to watch for a Google order form to be filled out.

When that order form is submitted I would like a google calendar INVITE sent to my delivery driver.

If he excepts the delivery and clicks yes on the invite, that will post to his google calendar. I then want another action to take place in monday.com (what that action is, isn't important but I want a column in monday.com to says “Driver accepted delivery”. the monday.com part I can handle)

I and if he declines the invite I then want an email notification sent to myself saying “the driver has not accepted this delivery”

That's about it. I might be over complicating this zap. Maybe I do not need Google calendar invite step.

Bottom line: I need my driver to be notified when a new delivery comes based on the google form submission and then I need to be notified when he either accepts or declines the delivery. if accepted, monday.com trigger will happen and when declined i will be notified by email.

Now, if there is workarounds or other tools that are needed to be used to execute this, I’m all ears. Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @riccahet,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Based on your workflow, you’ll need 2 Zaps for this workflow to be possible. Here’s how:

Zap 1 - Google Form to Google Calendar to create an event and invite your driver.

1. Trigger: Google Forms - New Form Response
  2. Action: Google Calendar - Create Detailed Event

Zap 2 - Google Calendar event accepted send to monday.com, and send email if declined.

1. Trigger: Google Calendar - Create Detailed Event
  2. Action: Paths By Zapier
  3. Path A: Only continue if event is accepted
    e0ab33749163c60b4da68276524268fb.png
    (view larger)
  4. Action: monday.com - action of your choice.
  5. Path B: Only continue if event is declined.
    01874c44aed1b149be8b6d63dcb34771.png
    (view larger)
  6. Action: Gmail (or any app of your choice) - Send Email

Here’s our help article on how to use Paths By Zapier: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917-Add-branching-logic-to-Zaps-with-paths

Additionally, this Zap consists of multiple steps and the use of Paths By Zapier, you’ll need a paid plan (Professional Plan and above) for the Zap to be published. More about our pricing and features here: https://zapier.com/app/pricing?blockRedirectToPlanbuilder=true

Hopefully, this helps!