Question

Salesforce connecting using sandbox enviroment

• 18 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to connect Zapier with Salesforce but I would like to connect to sandbox first. The redirect URL is set to production by default and I don't have the option to change the environment. This article says its possible https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496020790925-How-to-Get-Started-with-Salesforce-on-Zapier but am not getting the option to do that. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Rhoda,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I did some digging into our notes, and it appears that we have a Salesforce exemption that allows users to connect with Zapier, regardless of the Edition they are using, including Essentials.

Would you be willing to give the Salesforce app a try instead? You can find it here: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/integrations

Please give that a try, and keep us posted.

Thanks! 😊

Hi @SamB, thank you for getting back to me. I’m connecting to Salesforce essential working on the free plan is it possible to connect to Salesforce sandbox with Salesforce essentials. Also when I connect to Salesforce production using Salesforce essentials there is an authentication error. Is there a way around this with Salesforce essentials in the free plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Rhoda, welcome to the Community! 

That’s very odd. What web browser are you using for this?

I’m using Google Chrome and was able to select the sandbox option when adding a new Salesforce connection:
720d0c22dedb3a0f964e974f051e12d2.gif

Just wondering if there’s a browser specific glitch here that’s preventing that option from being selected. Can you try connecting a new Salesforce app account from within a different web browser to see if that then allows the sandbox option to be selected?

Hopefully that’ll do the trick. Please keep us in the loop on how that goes!