Question

How do I prevent mismatch in URLs when processing multiple Gmail attachments simultaneously in Zapier?

• 25 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello so I have a problem with automatic document control which is triggered by new gmail attachment. when i receive a a specific attachment on gmail it first gets formatted by specific client and contractor (contained in attachment name), after that i have two lookup tables which match with their corresponding google drive URLs and are displayed as line items. then i use paths for different types of document types and find drives and folders by using those URLs. But the problem is if i receive more than one attachment at the same time and both attachments run at the same time. will that cause problems for URLs because path might use URL which is from other attachment. I want to put certain delay in a way that it will pass triggers one by one so there can’t be any mismatch. Do you have any suggestions? 

I hope i wrote it clearly :) thank you

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CMC 

You can create a Delay (After Queue) just make sure to set the delay for long enough to let each Zap Run finish.

Otherwise, you’d have to log each attachment somewhere (e.g. Airtable) and build in more logic to process those individually in order.