Skip to main content

My team has set up some great automations that adds prospects to a Pardot list when they create a record in Airtable that meets certain conditions (including signing up for our newsletter).

However, we do not have a way of removing those prospects when they leave our community. I can’t find a way to do that in the standard Pardot functions (including ‘update prospect’). I’m not familiar enough with the API to do it completely manually. Is there any way to do so?

My specific goal is to remove a prospect from our list if they change their membership status to ‘alumni’ or ‘inactive.’

Many thanks!

Hi @Nathan A, welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging and found there’s an existing feature request for the ability to remove a prospect from a list so I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that. I can’t make any promises around when that action might be added but we’ll be sure to notify you by email as soon as it is. 

In the meantime, the only way to automate the removal of a prospect with a Zap would be to use Pardot’s API Request (Beta) action. It looks like it’s the List Membership Delete endpoint is the one you’d need to use to remove the prospect from the list. It’s a bit more advanced that the rest of the Pardot actions but if that’s something you’d be interested check out our Set up an API request action guide for more details.

Alternatively, a certified Zapier Expert could set up for you: https://zapier.com/experts

Hope that helps. If you do give it a try and run into any trouble setting it up please let us know. Happy to assist further! 🙂