Best answer

Reconnecting WordPress Error

• 19 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a WordPress to Facebook Zap. After beating it into submission, I ran a test and Bingo! Worked beautifully. So, A + Zapier. 

But, then when I tried to turn it on. Zapier decided my IP address had been naughty and "flagged" it for "security violations." (I swear, I think big biz in America loses more business annoying customers with security paranoia than from hackers. )

When I try to reconnect the wordpress account with the profile that worked just fine 10 seconds earlier, it wont work and I just get the "Oh! You;re in trouble" error message. 

Apparently, I have to ask the community before I can even send a support ticket to ask Zapier, nicely and with great humility to stop being paranoid and flip the Wordpress switch back on (as if I am Seinfeld asking to give the soup guy money inexchange for the only thing he sells, which is soup.) 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 22 January 2020, 14:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Darol I'm sorry if you felt you had to ask your question in the Community first - right now we encourage folks to ask in the Community, but you can still get in touch with the Support team if you need to.

WordPress Zaps can often run into security problems, and they're generally related to a plug in that you may be using. The best thing to do is to run through the advice in this help doc

WordPress - Integration Help & Support | Zapier If you go through those trouble shooting tips and don't have any luck, let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Darol

Good news, you can contact support anytime you want - email contact@zapier.com - they run 24/7.

We can also try and help here in the community. Could you send a screen grab of the exact error you’re seeing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for the chuckle @Darol ! Do let us know how it went paying off the "soup guy". ;)