Best answer

Reconnect an expired account with Zapier Manager?

• 24 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I using the LinkedIn Ads app to trigger on New Lead Gen Form Responses. The LinkedIn Ads app requires that the account connection be reconnected every so often to satisfy their authentication policy. In the account manager I can see that the account is expired when this happens and needs to be reconnected. Unfortunately, when the account expires my Zap stops working and no errors are thrown. It effectively fails silently, so I have to monitor the account connection manually. 

Is there a way to use the Zapier Manager app to periodically reconnect my Zapier LinkedIn account nightly so I don’t have to check it regularly and reconnect it manually when the connection expires?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 25 May 2023, 00:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @bryjo! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

Great question! The authentication process does need to be done manually.

That said, once disconnected, and the zap tries to run again - typically it will throw an error. Are you notified via email when this happens? The reason, I ask is there are notification settings you can adjust to be notified when zaps error out/turn off.

More on managing those notifications here. If you’re on a Pro plan or higher you can also create custom notifications for each zap, which may be useful for this one since it occurs more frequently. 

Do you think that could work? Keep us posted!

Userlevel 1

@christina.d Thanks for those tips and confirming that the reconnect must be done manually. I do have notifications turned on for errors, but emails can be missed. Recently I created a zap to send custom notifications for the zap I’m concerned about. I think that might help to cut through the email clutter a little better. I’ll see how it goes in a few months when the LinkedIn account expires.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @bryjo,

Glad to know christina.d was able to point you to the right direction!

We're here if you need any further assistance or if you have any more questions. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes in a few months. 😊