Best answer

RE: Long term delay

• 24 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, I will try to keep this short! I am trying to use google sheets and clicksend for my mechanic clients to send a reminder to the customer that their car service is due. The delay feature only works for up to 30 days I have seen, but I am wondering if there is a way I can work around this please. This feature is really vital to the service I offer. Thanks a lot in advance!

icon

Best answer by Bryan_from_workload 24 February 2020, 22:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Court

Here is a link to a shared Zap where you can see the workflow.

https://zapier.com/shared/a7fbff1c86f3515acaedfd3ced96ccf99c0fa498

My sample spreadsheet contains the "date" field where the customer renewal takes place. Sometimes its months or years into the future. Therefore just run this schedule check every day to see if today's date matches the date in the spreadsheet. If it matches...do the zap. If no match...do nothing.

Enjoy! 😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Court

Nice to meet you!

One workaround I did for a client once was this:

In your google sheet, add a column called "service date" with a calculated date field that is the service date (i guess it's "last service date" + 90 days??).

Now in Zapier, your first step (trigger) should be a schedule. A timer that runs once a day, every day.

The next step is to create a filter that says if the date from the trigger matches the date from your "service date" column, then continue on with the Zap.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Bryan from workload.co

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply Bryan, this could answer my question perfectly. Please could you tell me what this will look like as a 'flow' in zapier? Thanks!