Question

Raise an invoice in Xero from Stripe payment OR stripe invoice status change

• 26 January 2024
  • 1 reply

We use Stripe for all of our billing and invoicing - but we have a mixture of invoices that are paid via Stripe directly and some customers that pay us directly via bank transfer (but invoices are still tracked in Stripe and then manually marked as “Paid”). 

I want to raise an invoice in Xero for either action: 

• Payment completed via Stripe directly (I can create a Zap for this relatively easily I believe)
  • Payment completed outside Stripe but invoice is marked as “Paid” in Stripe

My question is whether the “Payment completed in Stripe” trigger would work for both of these instances. If not - is there a suggestion for how I can achieve this? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @hamzahc! 👋

I can’t see any documentation on our end to confirm whether the New Payment trigger is able trigger for both bank transfers and payments made directly via Stripe. But, if Stripe is able to see when a bank transfer is made and it automatically updates the invoice to paid on their end then, I’d have thought that the New Payment Stripe trigger would be able to see the bank transfer payments too.

Are you able to pull in a test record from Stripe for a recent payment that was made via bank transfer? You may need to make a transfer yourself just for testing purposes (which you then refund afterwards). If it’s able to load that in the Zap, then that would indicate that it’s definitely able to trigger for both types of payments.

Can you give that a try and let us know if you’re able to load in a new test record for a bank transfer payment?