Best answer

How do I pull specific text from HTML Gmail?

• 29 April 2024
  • 3 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I’m trying to have some text pulled from an email that I will use in a later step to add into Google Sheets. 

The current Zap I have will trigger when an email is submitted and pull the email, contract number and search out drive for the that specific contract number and then go into that Google Sheets and add in the email address. 

I’m trying to see how I can pull the Name and the Gift Selection, but I’m not sure how to go about it. 

Currently this is how I have my zap set up - and I’m thinking that I can do another Text formatter but I’m not sure how I can pull that specific Name and Gift Selection from the HTML. 

Also - I’m not sure if I could use the Plain Body text or If I should use the HTML Body Text.

Happy to share more information, just not sure what’s needed! :) 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 April 2024, 18:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Brittany_young 

What you are trying to do is known as email parsing.

Help:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Brittany_young, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

I just came across your post here and wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Were you able to get the necessary details parsed from the emails using the information in the guide that Troy shared a link to here?

Please do let us know if you’re still in need of some help on this at all - happy to assist further! 🙂

ok baik sangat membantu