Best answer

Populating template fields in DocuSign (2022)

• 23 June 2022
  • 2 replies

This issue has been approached by topics like this one, but the answers I’ve found so far have been either discouraging or inconsistent.

The Create Signature Request in DocuSign action recognizes custom fields and provides zap action fields to fill in data or variables:

The data is apparently sent to DocuSign, as seen in this intermediate stage before the test reports success:

However, when I get the actual signature request, the data is nowhere to be seen: none of the fields are pre-populated with the information Zapier sent.

Is this a glitch with Zapier’s request? Is the action outdated, broken by DocuSign updates? Is it a bug on DocuSign’s side? Am I doing something wrong on my end?

icon

Best answer by jesse 29 June 2022, 00:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Nori - thanks for reaching out! That’s a great question. I actually see you were able to open a ticket with my friends in support regarding this, which is perfect!

I’d actually recommend continuing this conversation there! They’re in a better position to determine whether the root cause is a feature request or a bug. 
Please continue to keep us in the loop though! We’d love to know what the end result is. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Nori! I have ben following along with your conversation with our support team. To close the loop here, it looks as though the issue you were experiencing was related to the fact that you were trying to do this with two signers/recipients and that the "Signature Request" step for the DocuSign integration only allows one signature.

We have an open feature request for this that you’ve been added to and why we don’t have an ETA for when you can expect to see this supported, if we have any updates in the meantime, we’ll be sure to follow up on the main thread we have for this request, here: