Best answer

Populating template fields in Docusign

• 23 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

My data flows from Quickbooks Online to Docusign.

I want the ZAP to locate a specific Docusign template (by name)

I want the ZAP to USE the Template (create an Envelope that uses the Template)

I want the ZAP to pass data from Quickbooks Online to the fields on the Docusign Template

I want the ZAP to either simulate Docusign “Finish Later” button, or “Send” button

I think the Quickbooks Online and Docusign APIs will support this, but I don’t see an existing solution.

Any ideas how I can get this solution?

My test ZAP will send the Envelope to the correct destination, but it won’t populate the data fields on the Template.  Also, I don’t see a way to “Finish Later”.

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 24 February 2021, 16:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @TPECorp 

I think the “Finish Later” part of this is where you will get stuck. I don’t see a way to do this automatically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @TPECorp,

As of now, DocuSign hasn’t made the integration available for Zapier to create an envelope from a template.

Here is the DocuSign Zapier page: https://zapier.com/apps/docusign/integrations

However, I see that DocuSign offers an API endpoint to create an envelope using custom field data. To make this into Zapier, you can leverage Zapier Webhook to make an API request to DocuSign and get the envelope created.

Here are the API processes for your desired automation:

1. Make an API request to Template Update endpoint with your custom field data: API Reference 
  2. Make an API request to Create an Envelope with status “draft” endpoint: API Reference 
  3. Make an API request to Envelope Template - Apply, and apply the template created in step 1: API Reference

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The existing integration does allow me to select a Template by ID, USE that Template, and map data from my source into the custom form fields on the Template.

My problem is that the recipient doesn't see the values that I populated.

Thanks