Question

How do I connect PandaDoc status updates to specific Monday.com items using Zapier?

• 29 November 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

I currently setup 2 zaps. My overall goal or what I’m trying to accomplish is this. Change a status in monday.com to trigger a document to be sent via pandadoc. Then as the status of that pandadoc changes (from viewed to signed etc) I want that status to reflect on a column in Monday.com

1st Zap creates a PandaDoc document using a template when a status changes to “Send” in Monday.com

2nd Zap watches PandaDoc for updates and then updates the status column in Monday.com

The 1st zap seems to be working fine. The problem I have is that I don’t know how to get the 2nd zap to map to the correct item. Am I supposed to be feeding an ID in zap 1 so that I can use it as the Item ID in the 2nd zap? Am I supposed to use a filter?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sgharibian 

Good question.

Use the PandaDoc Document Metadata fields to set the Monday Item ID.

Then you can use that ID to update the Monday Item Status.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Super helpful. I think I am 1 step closer to accomplishing my goal. 

On my first zap, I added the document metadata mapped to Item ID from monday.

I am having an issue testing my 2nd zap now that I have it maped to the metadata. The issue is that the status column in monday.com is not changing. It appears like it added the status as an option in the labbel but its not actually changing the label. In the action portion for signature status, am I supposed to select a status under “Signature Status” or Custom > Status?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sgharibian 

Can you show how your Monday Zap step is configured in the EDIT mode?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sgharibian 

Can you show a screenshot of the dropdown options for the field?

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

I’m wondering if it needs to be formatted?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sgharibian 

Make sure to refresh Monday after testing so you are viewing fresh data.

The expected value is the bottom value for an option, which matches what you have mapped.

Userlevel 1

I did refresh multiple times. The status is still reading Viewed in monday.com. It created the label Completed but did not change the label for some reason.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sgharibian 

Check the change history for the Item in Monday, perhaps there is a Monday Automation configured that is overwriting the change from the Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sgharibian 

And make sure you are viewing the correct Monday Item ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@sgharibian 

I tried testing with Monday and it worked for me.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

I just published both zaps and ran through a test cycle and it seems to be working flawlessly. I appreciate all your help and how quick you are to respond. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome news @sgharibian! Big thanks to Troy for lending a hand here.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗