Best answer

Overdue Invoice - Stripe

• 23 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Is there any way of using Zapier to send an email to a client when an invoice in Stripe gets flagged as overdue?

I can’t see to find any option in any of the stripe events that records an overdue invoice in order to trigger that Zap so the email gets sent.

Has anyone had any experience with an Overdue Invoice Stripe trigger before?

Chris 

icon

Best answer by william 24 May 2021, 20:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@CWOfficial 

Unfortunately, Zapier’s Stripe integration and any webhooks you might create to trigger a zap are all based on Stripe’s available events. 

As you say - one for invoice overdue doesn’t exist, so this isn’t going to be possible.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@CWOfficial

I haven’t used Stripe myself so not sure if this is going to work but how about this workaround?

• Trigger when the order in Stripe is created
  • Delay for XX days / delay till → do all invoices have a fixed time before they become overdue or is this a field that comes out of Stripe?
  • Find the charge/subscription is Stripe
  • Filter → check if the invoice is paid or not
  • Send email

This is quite hacky and not the best solution since it’ll cost you three tasks for invoices that are paid on time and five if you would need to send the email - that’s quite a lot either way!

You might also hit the 31-day limit, if that’s the case, it will be an even more complicated workaround: 

Is there a database (Google Sheets also counts) or CRM you use to keep track of this info as well?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @CWOfficial 

Just circling back around to this issue and after checking the integration it looks like @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu is spot on. However, we do have an open feature request to have support for new event types added to the New Event trigger. I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to the interested parties list so that we can be sure to alert you ASAP should this get added.

Any users experiencing this issue may want to give @MarijnVerdult’s workaround a try in the meantime!