Best answer

New entry in Google Sheets, searching several rows ahead of populated data

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Good day,

We have had zapier running on an extisting sheet for a few months. Recently the ZAP gives error that the email address field is empty. 

We also use Zapier to create a customer and invoice in quickbooks - this one too says that the full name field is empty even though there is data. 

When creating a new zap, the test data indicates that the zap is looking for data at least 5 rows ahead of where we have data. 

Can we reset the zap to look in prior rows or do we have to abandon the sheet and create a new one?

Prosper 

icon

Best answer by SamB 13 December 2021, 14:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Prosper 

Please post screenshots about how your Zap steps are configure along with the issues.

What app is being used for the Zap trigger?

Perhaps fields got renamed and thus need to be remapped in the Zaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m just popping in here as I spotted that @Prosper also reached out to our Support team about this. I wanted to share our Support team’s response in case it’s useful to others running into a similar issue:

“Looks like Zapier's deduplication table is misaligned and looking at the data 5 rows ahead. Given the case, let's try to reset the table and see if it helps align things again.

For troubleshooting, can you please:

1. Turn off the Zap
  2. After one hour, turn on the Zap

The hour should force the system to delete the current table and rebuild it again which should align things again.”