Question

Need Help importing JSON feed from Home Advisor into Hubspot

Userlevel 1

How can I import a JSON feed from Home Advisor into Hubspot and create a new contact form as a lead? I was trying to use Zapier with Webhook and the Hubspot app but I must be doing something wrong. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

this function works for when you have data in an array where there is \

arr = input_data['values'].split('\n')
print(arr);
value1 = ''
value2 = ''
value3 = ''
for idx, val in enumerate(arr):
  if(val == 'CUSTOM_FIELD_I": ‘Remodeling_Needs__c'):
    print(idx, val)
    print(arr[idx])
    value1 = arr[idx+1]
  if(val == 'CUSTOM_FIELD_ID: ‘Remodeling_Needs__c'):
    print(idx, val)
    print(arr[idx])
    value2 = arr[idx+1]
if(val == 'CUSTOM_FIELD_ID: ‘Property_Owner__c'):
    print(idx, val)
    print(arr[idx])
    value3 = arr[idx+1]
arr1 = value1.split(':')
print(arr1[1])
arr2 = value2.split(':')
print(arr2[1])
arr3 = value3.split(':')
print(arr3[1])output = {'val1': arr1[1], 'val2': arr2[1], 'val3': arr3[1]}
print output

this is the output of the interview field:
"FIELD_VALUE": "answer: Single family home\nquestion: Building Type\n\nanswer: Add ramp(s) and handrails\nquestion: Remodeling Needs\n\nanswer: None\nquestion: Design Preparation\n\nanswer: Planning & Budgeting\nquestion: Request Stage\n\nanswer: More than 2 months\nquestion: Desired Completion Date\n\nanswer: No\nquestion: Covered by Insurance\n\nanswer: Yes\nquestion: Property Owner",

here is an image of what the interview field looks like in the crm and where the “answer:” values are to be placed:

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@mmartelli0803 since there are multiple question/answers what are the fields in HubSpot that they need to be mapped into.  Can you provide a screenshot of what this looks like in the App?  I need to understand how this is structured in HubSpot to see how we need to parse the JSON.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @vves - Thanks for chiming in. I’ll unmark this answered so that you can follow up with @David Mercer and @mmartelli0803 since it seems like you’re still looking for a code script. We’ll check back in a bit if you haven’t received an answer. Thanks!

@Liz_Roberts @David Mercer hi! i have the same question when receiving the JSON payload from Home Advisor. i get the “interview” field like this:

interview:

answer: Single family home

question: Building Type

answer: No

question: Remodeling Needs

answer: Planning & Budgeting

question: Request Stage

answer: Timing is flexible

question: Desired Completion Date

sometimes those values are not always populated/consistently formatted, so it makes it hard to use your split text formatter. 

Do you have a recommended code script that can take the answer values (answer: timing is flexible) and place it into a field?

@mmartelli0803 thank you for posting this!!! how did you get the JSON payload from homeadvisor in the first place?  i looked all over the home advisor pro website for my client and couldn’t find a webhook section nor is their any api documentation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @mmartelli0803 ,

Circling back here to make sure you are squared away with this Zap! I see Laura in Support offered the below steps to assist with your configuration: 

Triggering from a webhook and sending it to Hubspot is the right way to go!

You may want to take a look at our help guide on triggering Zaps from webhooks: https://zapier.com/help/create/code-webhooks/trigger-zaps-from-webhooks. Also, the "Retrieve Poll" trigger may be useful, if the content is stored in a specific location that the Zap can retrieve it from.

Let us know if that did the trick!

Userlevel 1

This need to map to individual fields in Hubspot. Interview questions need to be kept separate. Thanks in advance David!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@mmartelli0803 Thanks for the JSON.  Tow follow-up questions:

1. is this JSON in a single Zapier field.  Example: data={the json string}
  2. Do you want the interview questions combined into a single field or kept separate?

David

Userlevel 1

Hi David, this what the package contains:

{"name":"Bob LeVitus","firstName":"Bob","lastName":"LeVitus","address":"8903 Scottish Pastures Dr.","city":"Austin","stateProvince":"TX","postalCode":"78750","primaryPhone":"5123312911","secondaryPhone":null,"email":"boblevitus@boblevitus.com","srOid":172556230,"leadOid":396617299,"fee":0.0,"taskName":"Bathroom - Remodel","comments":"Want to update both bathrooms before selling our house... both have original fittings (30+ years old and they look it). They also look very 1980s.","matchType":"market","leadDescription":"Exact Match","spEntityId":54889260,"spCompanyName":"Bath Expo","interview":[{"question":"Extensiveness of Remodel","answer":"I plan to maintain existing bathroom floorplan"},{"question":"Shower / Bath","answer":"Yes - I want to move or install a new shower or bath"},{"question":"Toilet","answer":"Yes - I will be replacing or moving the toilet"},{"question":"Cabinets / Vanity","answer":"Yes - I plan to update the cabinets / vanity"},{"question":"Countertops","answer":"Yes - I plan to update the countertops"},{"question":"Sinks","answer":"Yes - I plan to update the sinks"},{"question":"Flooring","answer":"No - I do not plan to update the flooring"},{"question":"Request Stage","answer":"Planning & Budgeting"},{"question":"Desired Completion Date","answer":"More than 2 months"},{"question":"Property Owner","answer":"Yes"},{"question":"Requires Work on Historical Structure","answer":"No"},{"question":"Covered by Insurance","answer":"No"},{"question":"Request for Commercial Location","answer":"No"}]}

To Do Id:

[Display Comm Content]

Userlevel 2
Badge

@mmartelli0803 Can you provide a screen shot of the resulting JSON from HomeAdvisor in Zapier?  Is it a long JSON object or parsed into individual fields?

David