Question

Monthly membership with Thrivecart : how to extend membership to the end of the subscription?

• 10 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I have a monthly membership with Thrivecart and Thrivecart learn. Members can subscribe and unsubscribe at any time. When they unsubscribe, I'd like them to keep their membership until the automatic payment date. Unfortunately, Thrivecart doesn't guarantee this function.
So I'd like to create a Zap in Zapier that guarantees access to the member's membership until the end of the billing period, even if the student has cancelled before that date. As the payment and cancellation dates can be at any time during the month, I can't give a precise date in the Zap, as it depends on each customer.

ex: If a person cancels on the 15nd day of their monthly subscription, they should still have access for the next 15 days.

Is there an action for extending membership to the end of the subscription? Is it a code that calculates the number of days between the membership end date (end of billing period) and the membership cancellation request date?
I hope my request is clear?
Can someone please tell me how to build this zap?

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @VeroParent 

Good question.

It will likely need to be some sort of calculation.

Once you have the calculation, you can use a Delay step in the Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/delay/help

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I tried with the “Delay until” but I’m still missing the calculation to extend membership to the end of the subscription. 😟

Have a good one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@VeroParent 

Have you tried using a Formatter > Date/Time > options for the calculation?