Best answer

Missing 'search output' for Find a file in Google Drive

• 14 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello!

For quite many zaps I used an automation where new row in a spreadsheet would trigger Find a file in google drive. Then based on whether the file was found I would continue with next steps. I am certain there was an output that would explicitly say something about the zap search found with options TRUE/FALSE. 

A while ago I noticed this output went missing and I am not sure if there is a sufficient replacement. I either need to use a filter or to get an overview of which files were found by updating spreadsheet row with this info in the next steps. 

Could anyone please advise?

icon

Best answer by william 14 June 2021, 22:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MarekP 

You can use this Filter logic: ID “exists” OR ID “does not exist”

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @MarekP, hope you’re doing well, I just wanted to check in here!

Were you able to get things working with the information from Troy, or can we still help here?

In regards to the True/False field you’re referring to, that would be Zap Data Was Found. This field only returns on a Find or Create style action. If we’re working with a Find action that does not create data, you will want to use a Filter step, as recommended by Troy.

For example, “Only continue if ID Exists” would only allow the zap to continue if the ID field found an item and returned an ID.

For more info on Filters, check out our guide here: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters#how-get-started-filters-zapier