Question

Missing Required Field Errors in CRM Zaps

• 26 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I keep running into this issue where I add a new required field to the CRM and then suddenly all of my Zaps that create records in that module throw a bunch of errors and Zapier disables them. 

This is exceptionally frustrating. These fields are typically dependent fields and are not relevant to the records being processed through the Zap. The CRM does not require them to create the record and yet Zapier insists on enforcing them. I am the admin of the CRM; I should get to decide whether or not a particular field requirement is enforced or not. 

Is there any way around this? Ideally, I’d prefer a solution that avoids populating dummy values into these fields, as that creates unnecessary data messiness in the CRM. However, if that is unavoidable, is there any way to set a blanket rule that says if a missing require field error pops up, the value should always be “X”? 

And then lastly, if neither option is possible, how can I set up an automated alert that will notify me if this specific error occurs? Not a global “send me alerts when errors exist,” but a customized alert that lets me know when a zap is encountering missing required field errors? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hazelwhisper 

Which app are you using in the Zap steps?

The Zap run error is based on the underlying app’s API which determines the logic for required fields, valid values, etc.

Userlevel 1

SugarCRM

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hazelwhisper 

You can try reaching out to SugarCRM support for possible guidance for their Zap app integration.

For us to have more context, we will need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, along with specific examples of the fields involved.

Userlevel 1

I’d be happy to provide that information outside of this public forum. Let me know the best way to reach out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hazelwhisper 

If you are considering hiring help, check out the directory of Certified Zapier Experts: https://zapier.com/experts