Best answer

Microsoft Teams channel post

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I’m new to Zapier. I’ve set up a Salesforce to MS Teams zap, which is working, but I have a couple of things I’d like to tidy up. The first one is, I at mention a user which works when I do the test zap, but doesn’t work when the zap runs itself. Has anyone come across this? The second is, is there a way to post into the channel as myself, rather than as Zapier?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 January 2021, 15:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Hi@VickieJ, welcome to the Community 🙂

For mentioning a user, are you using the @ symbol or the markdown tags? In case you’re not familiar, markdown is a language that apps use to format text. Here’s a guide from Microsoft on the Markdown language they use: Use Markdown formatting in Teams

I couldn’t see the ‘@’ tag on that list, but I think that it’s <at>.   So, let’s say you want to mention me in a message, you would write: Hi <at>Danvers</at> how are you?

For your second question, it’s not possible to post as yourself. Zapier is considered a ‘bot’, so that’s how it posts. Sorry about that!

I Was Also Facing The Same Issue But Now Its Get Resolved

Hi @Danvers thanks for your response :slight_smile:  Yes I’ve used <at></at> in my message text and it works fine when I do a test. It doesn’t work when it actually does a real run. 

Thanks for clarifying the second question

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi@VickieJ, welcome to the Community 🙂

For mentioning a user, are you using the @ symbol or the markdown tags? In case you’re not familiar, markdown is a language that apps use to format text. Here’s a guide from Microsoft on the Markdown language they use: Use Markdown formatting in Teams

I couldn’t see the ‘@’ tag on that list, but I think that it’s <at>.   So, let’s say you want to mention me in a message, you would write: Hi <at>Danvers</at> how are you?

For your second question, it’s not possible to post as yourself. Zapier is considered a ‘bot’, so that’s how it posts. Sorry about that!