Best answer

How do I create a Zap to monitor and send all links/files/images from Slack channels?

• 28 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to create a zap for Slack that

a. monitors all public channels and private channels for links / files / images
b. sends that to another channel (hence #media-dump)

Is this at all possible? I’m trying to wrap my head around whether or not I should make 3 individual zaps that filters for links, files, and images. then another 3 to get those that trigger the filter to be sent on over to the channel.

any help or insight is appreciated

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 March 2024, 15:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @0xikki 

This trigger can be used for files: Slack - New File

An image is a file.

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much @Troy Tessalone !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @0xikki! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1

That’s awesome @0xikki! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

I appreciate the pat on the shoulder ken! Really do! Zapier has helped me out a ton and I’ve already learned so much but it feels like the rabbit hole never ends. This is fun and I hope to interact with the community more!

Userlevel 1

Hi @0xikki 

This trigger can be used for files: Slack - New File

An image is a file.

Hey Troy, I’m running into a problem I hope you could help with.

I made a new channel on slack to test this out named #zap-tests and proceeded to upload an image there as a test record of sorts.

Ideally I’d want it to monitor all channels (currently have 12) so i assumed that by leaving these fields blank it wouldn’t focus on a specific channel

when I ran the test. What showed up for record was indeed a new uploaded file. however that file was found on a canvas inside a slack channel and it was also under quip format. Any thoughts on this? Appreciate the help!​​​​​​​
​​​​