Question

Map CSV Column Header to Zapier Table Column Header Using Column Name

• 18 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

This previous topic more-or-less covers my question, but seeing as how it’s now 2 years old, I’m hoping there is a solution that didn’t previously exist. 

Basically I want to load CSV files into a Google Drive folder, and have Zapier process them for import into our CRM. I know how to use Zapier to import a CSV file into my CRM, but the process I am familiar with requires each CSV file to always have the same header columns in the same order. We have a distinct set of column labels that we use, but not every CSV will contain every possible column, and sometimes they may appear in a different order. I’m trying to figure out an automation that doesn’t require individually mapping the header rows in each CSV. 

I was thinking the best method would be to create a Zapier table containing every possible column, and then use some sort of utility to map the CSV columns to the Zapier table columns. However, I can’t find a utility that performs this action specifically for the header row data. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hazelwhisper 

That’s likely going to require custom Code to handle variable headers and different header orders.

Maybe AI can help.