Question

Managing test and production environments

• 13 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I have an connector/app that has different credentials based on a test and production environment and would have to change the change the connections in multiple steps/multiple zaps depending on whether I’m doing development/testing/modifications or in a production mode. Are there any ‘best practices’ for this scenario?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Alfred,

A couple of things I can think of:

1. Make sure you’ve got the connected accounts clearly labeled as being test or production
  2. If you’ve got Zaps that use one of the connections, you can make a copy of it if you’d also like to use the other connection (again, clearly label the Zaps)
  3. For #2, you can create separate folders to house the Zaps (assuming they use ALL of one of the connections per Zap, which they may not)
  4. Make sure to name the Zap steps according to which connection is being used. That makes it easier to see at a glance, especially in the right-hand sidebar where the Zap outline is

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @avalerio!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)