Best answer

Looping by Zapier - Does a loop stop all activity when a step fails for a single iteration

• 21 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Will a looping zap completely stop if a single instance fails?

I’m creating a zap where I want to check that my CRM records exist in my Email Marketing database. This is a simplified version of what I’m doing:

• Find all records in CRM
  • Create loop from line-items on CRM emails
  • Find record in Email Marketing database where email matches the line-item email
    • If nothing is found, it is considered a success
  • Create record in Email Marketing database with the missing email

What I would like to see is that if an instance in the loop fails (meaning that the email does exist in the Email Marketing database), then a record is not created, and the zap continues with the next instance, creating records if an email is not found in the database.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 February 2023, 00:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Yellowtail Solutions 

Good question.

Each loop iteration runs independently.

NOTE: Too many Zap errors in a short amount of time may cause the Zap to turn OFF automatically.

For the below, you may want to add a condition to continue if no result is found, followed by a Filter step to avoid Zap Run errors: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Find record in Email Marketing database where email matches the line-item email

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much! As you recommended, I added in a filter, so now it looks a bit like this:

• Find record in Email Marketing database where email matches the line-item email

• Only continue if “Zap Search Was Found Status” is false
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for the update here, @Yellowtail Solutions. Really pleased to see that Troy was able to help you get a solution in place! 😁🎉