Best answer

How to create or update new Airtable records via Qualtrics form based on two lookup fields?

• 29 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all -

I have a Qualtrics form that I have automatically add a record to an airtable base. It’s basically a Qualtrics form where customers, once annually, update their annual budget. The airtable base has this data for every year - so since they fill it out annually, I would tend to just use a “Create Record” zap rather than update a former record. However, occasionally they input the data incorrectly, and need to update it - so in those cases, I would rather it override the current year’s record than create a new one.

The simple way to do this would be a “Create or Update Record” zap that looks up the Airtable record based on two lookup fields: the organization’s ID AND the year. If it finds a match ON BOTH, it overwrites it. If it doesn’t (e.g., it finds the organization but no record for the current year), it creates a new one. However, as far as I can tell, there is no option to lookup a record in airtable using two fields - any ideas or workarounds I’m missing? I do see the secondary lookup option, but this doesn’t seem to solve the problem as it only kicks in IF multiple records are found (thus, if a customer had just ONE previous record from 2023, this functionality would have it overwrite 2023’s record with 2024’s data, rather than create a new record as I wish it to).

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 March 2024, 00:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ICM 

Try using this Zap action: Airtable - Find Record

And use this field: Search Formula

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you! This seems to work

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @ICM! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗