Best answer

How do I automate removal of old tags in Project Broadcast when updating via Salesforce?

• 28 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello I created a zap that runs from Salesforce into project broadcast and creates a contact and applies a tag.  I am looking to find out how when this automation run and then reupdates the tag for it to remove the old tag.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Bryce.Delrio 11 April 2024, 08:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bryce.Delrio 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, along with a specific example.

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy appreciate the follow up.  So I am confident in my setup.  It’s ran on time Stamp when Ease Status C is updated.  Everything is running fine with the zap to create a tag and apply it to the correct contact in project broadcast.  The problem I’m facing is that when the status updates to the new tag/status I am needing to remove the old tag that was there rather than the contact now having two tags.  And I am not seeing how to run a zap that removes a tag from a contact in project broadcast.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Bryce.Delrio,

Have you tried testing the Zap while it’s published? Did the “Update Contact” in Project Broadcast not update the tags? If so, would you mind sending a Data Out and Data In of the Zap run in the Zap History?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hey Ken the Zap is working fine.  It is updating the tag properly as it goes through the zap.  It is stacking the tag on any other tag though.

In Project broadcast itself, if I do an import to update employees the tag’s overlay there as well so the employee would have multiple tags (both the new one, and the previous tag that they had) so I guess I’m wondering if this is something inherent to the system or if there is a way through the zap to untag the old tag and then update the new tag (this portion is working fine.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Bryce.Delrio,

Thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to untag the old tag what we would need is a new action step for that one (Add/Remove Tags). However, it seems strange that the “Update Contact” action is stacking the tag on the other tag.

This might be a bug that our Support Team needs to check. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team regarding this issue since they have the correct tools to look closer at the Zap and its logs.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Hey Ken is add/Remove tags a native action?  I’m not seeing it as a selection.  Only the ability to add tags.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Bryce.Delrio,

Unfortunately, the Add/Remove Tag is not a supported action. However, the issue you are facing may be caused by a bug. I suggest that you contact our Support Team for further assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

You can get in touch with our Support Team by visiting https://zapier.com/app/get-help.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ken just wanted to give an update that I was able to resolve this with webhooks and api from Project broadcast.  We are off for the races.  Thanks!

For anyone else who may search this article in the future.  You are able to add tags natively with project broadcast and can easily define what those tags are.  To remove you will need to use webhooks and api provided by project broadcast which can be retrieved by emailing support@projectbroadcast.com.  From there it is fairly straightforward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @Bryce.Delrio! Thank you for circling back for an update here we appreciate it!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️