Best answer

Look Up Table + "IF Include"

• 17 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I need to use a lookup table to search if a key contains a certain text, and not search for exact match of the text.

The lookup key is Website URL.

So if my website url is

www.mywebsite.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=tampabrand

I want the formatter to search for 

?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=tampabrand

and if it finds it, then the value is:

Google AdWords Tampa Brand

And so on and so forth for every UTM I’m using in ad campaigns.

However, my current lookup table is looking for an exact match, and since the lookup key has a URL on the front end of the UTM, it’s not counting it. I can’t enter the full URL as the key because the website URL could be any different page on my website. So I need it to only search for a URL containing the UTM.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 June 2020, 18:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It looks like you were able to find a solution for this @Lance Devore, I hope you don’t mind if I share it here 🙂

I've been able to achieve what I need by writing a (very long) formula in an Airtables field. A condensed version of it looks like this:

IF(SEARCH("UTM-string-1"),"Source1",
IF(SEARCH("UTM-string-2"),"Source2",
))

etc.

So the conditions and values of a lookup table are all found within the formula.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Lance,

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! If you have any further questions you can reply to that email :)

If there's any way you could update this thread once your issue has been resolved, we’d very much appreciate it! Then, anyone who comes across the thread can benefit from the answer.

Thanks!