Best answer

Jira Service Desk Ticket Closed Trigger

• 2 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am trying to create a trigger using Jira Service Management to trigger a survey when a Jira Service Desk ticket is updated to a closed state. I am able to see the updated request option under jira service desk, but am wondering how to specify it so it only covers the case where the request is closed. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 3 October 2022, 07:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @be4realconsulting 

In order to do that you would need yo add a Filter by Zapier step right after the Trigger and set it Where Status is closed. This way the zap will continue with the logic only when status is closed. 

Filter Step in Zap

Awesome thanks! I had one more question. When creating a filter we saw an option that said: “Fields Status Name Closed” (the last option in the dropdown image). Does this field actually take the value “Closed” or is it varied based on the actual field status name (eg is it a variable)? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @be4realconsulting 

My pleasure :) 

I believe this the field called “Status Name” as you can see its in bold with the value “Closed” since it is not in bold. This is the field you are looking for I guess :)

If this helped you, please mark the original reply as Answer so others can use it :)