Best answer

Is Zapier useful for enterprise product integration with google calendar?

• 27 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I work for a company that makes Student Information systems for educational institutes like university/colleges.

We have a requirement where the daily schedule for a student being maintained in our systems needs to be pushed to google calendar of the student. 

The institute uses google suite for education and has allotted a google email id to all its students. Now the institute wants that all schedule being created in our software should be pushed to individual students google calendar. 

Can this be achieved using Zapier? Can I push information from my software to multiple students google calendar. 

To give a sense of numbers and the amount of data that needs to be pushed. 

No of students in the college - 1200

Each student has a unique google email provided using google education suite

Each student would have 6 entries per day for 5 days a week. So in a given calendar week 30 events needs to be pushed to a single student calendar and then repeat this for 1200 students. 

We have all 1200 email ids available with us in our software

Let me know if Zapier can be used for such a scenarios. 

Thanks

Sid

icon

Best answer by Wemakefuture 27 August 2020, 23:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @badsid 

While it would be possible on a strictly technical basis - Zapier isn’t going to be the right tool for this.

Reason being, each zap would need to be connected to one student’s calendar - so you’d need a zap for each student. Completely unworkable in your situation I’d say.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

You can create a ICS https://github.com/adamgibbons/ics via .js and send it as attachment over an newsletter sender like Activecampaign or push it out over google mail but take care not more then 100 requests per day via gmail are possible.