Question

Is this even possible in Zapier? Search multiple calculated queries

• 8 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a lookup table in Salesforce with a series of lookup values like WMIB000003

One batch of a product we deliver has the first lookup value stored in Salesforce. The batch typically has 25 units of the product within it. 

However, the 25 units all go up incrementally e.g. WMIB000004, WMIB000005… BUT only the first value is stored in Salesforce. 

I want to use Zapier to take a form submission which could have any code from the batch, and query the Salesforce table, but if it doesn’t find a match, query again with -1 increment… OR query a range of codes. 

If anyone knows a tool or function to help do this it would be massively appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @joeFM, welcome to the Community! 

I’m wondering if the Find Record(s) search action for the Salesforce App would allow you to pass multiple different search values to find a matching record. Or have you already tried that action in your Zap?

Aside from that, it may be worth looking into using a Looping by Zapier action to search for each of the codes that come from the form submission. If you’ve not worked with loops in Zaps before I’d recommend reading our Loop your Zap actions guide for more details.

Hopefully that helps. Please do let us know how you get on with this! 🙂