Question

Is it possible to configure a dynamically updating message to Slack from Zapier?

• 20 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I would like to achieve the following.

My trigger is “New Record in Airtable” and I would like to send a message to my Slack channel once a new record is recorded in my Airtable base. I’m tracking three variables for example Category, Price, Date. I want to be able to see the specific amount of times a specific category was shown for example, if G99 appeared in the Airtable base it would count 1, if G88 appeared it would count 1, if G99 appeared it would now count 2 and so on. However, I want the count to reset daily meaning everything would return to 0 after a 24h period.  I want the Slack display message to look something like this…

“A sale was made

Category: G99

Price: 999.00

Date: 9/19/2023

Sales for current category: XX (with dynamically updating count)”

Is it possible to configure a dynamically updating message to Slack from Zapier? I am not too advanced with coding but have been trying and keep running into errors. I’m also not sure if it’s entirely possible to have  dynamic message. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alan L 

Good question.

TIP: Airtable Automations have a native integration with Slack.

In Airtable, look into using these fields: