IoT devices can now be controlled from Zapier

• 14 November 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

There are so many IoT devices comming to market that it is a challenge to determine which ones to use and how to contol each.  I have found Smart Plugs are the most affordable and fastest way to turn your everyday electronics into Internet-connected devices.  Smart plugs are easy-to-use Wi-Fi enabled devices that plug into an outlet and can control the power to anything, from your coffee maker, lamps to a completely autonomous household. 

Kasa by TP-Link is a leading smart home system that includes Kasa Smart Plugs, Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches and more. It works with other leading smart home products such as Amazon Echo, Google Home, and more. Now with Zapier, you can also create personalized workflows that trigger automatic actions on your Kasa devices.

Mercology, a Premier Zapier Expert, has developed a set of Actions to control your TP-Link devices.  You can now use the following with any TP-Link device:

• Turn Device On/Off
  • Create Device Schedule - schedule the device to turn on/off on specific date/times
  • Get Device List - finds the devices and their identifier
  • Get Device State - determine if a device is online
  • Get Device Schedule - Retrevie an existing schedule

With these Actions, you can setup workflows to automate your devices.  For example, You can cotrol you smart device based on the weather using Weather by Zapier. I use my TP-Link smart plug connected device to turn on when it gets hot (I use it to control an attic exhaust fan).

To find out more about using Zapier with IoT devices or obtain the Actions for TP-Link, contact David Mercer @ https://zapier.com/experts/mercology

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.