Best answer

Including an Image Attachment with Email by Zapier

• 10 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m certain this is a very easy issue that I’m unable to solve for some reason. I have a zap setup to send an email (using Email by Zapier) to someone who fills out a Facebook Lead form. I want to include an email attachment (image file), but have no idea what to specifically enter into the attachment field.

I understand it needs to be a file object, and Zapier says “If you insert a URL, Zapier will inspect the URL and try to load in the data there and name it properly”. So what do I enter? I tried hosting an image on a public website and typed the link into the attachment field, but in the test email, the attachment was simply a link to the photo, not the photo itself. I just want an image to attach to the email. Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 17 November 2020, 18:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This article may help understand what type of value is expected for the Attachment field: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/different-field-types-in-zaps#step-4

Thanks for the reply. I referenced that before making this post, I’m still not sure what to put in the field. 

The preset fields all have to do with the Facebook lead form, and there are no options for a prefill attachment since the lead form does not host any attachments. I just want an image file (that I have on my local disk) to be sent with the email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @zleoz57 , 

I am sorry the url feature isn’t working for you. One very easy work around would be to upload the image into Google Drive. 

then add a find a file step in Google Drive to locate the file after the submission. Let me know if you need help configuring that step. 

Once the file is found in google drive you can easily add it as an attachment in the email step. 

Let me know if you need anything else!