Best answer

Import pictures to Google Slides

• 4 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

First of all, great community here, I hope you are all safe!

I am trying to create a flow where when someone completes a form (I’ve tried JotForm and PaperForm) it populates a document (Google Slides for example) with both text and a picture that the user insert in the form.

I have found a guy on YouTube → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njf3aQFdJWA that manages to bring in Google Slides a photo but not from a form :(.

Is there any way to do it?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 10 April 2020, 04:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @loan, great question! I’m going to see if the team can track down that Zap the user has or create a template one so you can see for yourself how it works.

Thanks for being patient!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @loan - 

I checked with my team, and the video is a bit hard for me to guess from but the key here is that the trigger step needs to have a publicly accessible link or the file itself to be able to add it to the slide as an image. I understand that you said you tried Jotform and Paper form, so we’d need to know how those two things are sending the image info to Zapier. From what I can tell from the video, it looks like the Zap is as follows:

1. Airtable - New record in View
  2. Google Slides - Create Presentation From Template

You will need to  have created a template in Google Slides or they can also use Google Docs. You may use the slides action Create Presentation From Template or the doc action Create Document from Template. The file from the form is critical here. The information that the form app passes to Zapier must be a publicly available URL (you may test the URL by copying and pasting it into a new tab) OR the actual file needs to be passed onto Zapier. In the trigger info, if we get the actual file when you map the field in a step it will say ‘exists but not shown’ and if you look at the information in the trigger it will say ‘hydrate’ and then a long string of text.

I hope this helps!