Best answer

Import Issues from Jira Cloud to monday board

• 8 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi everyones¡¡

I need to copy the issues of a project created in Jira Cloud via JQL command and then have monday create an item in a selected board and keep it updated. The fields to bring would be the name of the issue and the status of the issue.

What would be the steps in zapier to carry out this integration?

Thanks a lot¡

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 8 November 2022, 20:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Fcojnav 

You seem to have it all worked out actually, congrats on creating such a complex zap 😃

The ONLY mistake you have is in the first screenshot (step 3), item ID you passed is incorrect, you should pass the value of the Item ID (which will probably be called ID) from step 2 instead of the “Jira Key” value. So just clear this value, choose Custom, search for ID (it must have “2.” in front of it so we know its coming from Step 2 which is searching for the item) and choose it. 

Let me know if this is successful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Fcojnav 

You would need 2 zaps for that: 

1st Zap would be Trigger New Issue (Via JQL) in Jira Software Cloud > Create Monday.com Item

2nd Zap would be Trigger Updated Issue in Jira Software Cloud > Action: Get Item by Column Value in monday.com (you might wanna put a unique identifier in the Monday.com item you create in Zap 1, maybe create a field in Monday.com called Jira ID?)  > Action: Change Multiple Columns Value in monday.com

Hope this helps :)

Hi MohSwellam,

Thank you very much for your answer, I tried to follow your steps but I feel that something is missing (I attach images):

- Action: Get Item by Column Value in monday.com (you might want to put a unique identifier in the Monday.com item you create in Zap 1, maybe create a field in Monday.com called Jira ID?) --> I get lost a little on how each parameter of this point that you expose should be filled.

If you can give an example of the action I'd appreciate it, I'm just getting started on Zapier.

Thank you @MohSwellam , it is the merit of a co-worker we are learning together.

I ask you something again?

In the attached image (Zapier5):

- Which option would be the correct one for the Item ID field requested by the Monday task?

In the attached image (Zapier6):

- Is it the detail of the warning that it gives us when executing, what could be wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In the attached image (Zapier5):

- Which option would be the correct one for the Item ID field requested by the Monday task?

Item ID , but you have to run step 2 to get it. I think something is wrong in step 2, it couldn't find anything maybe? 

In the attached image (Zapier6):

- Is it the detail of the warning that it gives us when executing, what could be wrong?

I dont see any warning? 

@MohSwellam 

In step 2 we have the following parameters in the fields requested by Zapier (attached zapier7), could something be wrong here?

The field of the image named "Column to receive" should be completed according to your experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No that actually looks good. BUT I would go to Monday.com and make sure that this Jira Key “MDA-36352” exists in the column called Key Jira