Best answer

Im getting this error message "The app returned "NOT_FOUND""

• 1 February 2021
  • 16 replies

Im getting this error message "The app returned "NOT_FOUND"". I'm trying to create a new record in Airtable when a new row in google sheets is created.  This is the first time using Zapier.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 February 2021, 21:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Trev Chee 

What Zap step returned the error? (Airtable or GSheets)

Can you provide screenshots of how each of your Zap steps are configured?

My team is reluctant to using Airtable to update the sales orders. They still want to use Google Sheet only. So I’m trying to learn how to use Zapier to automatically  add and update a record in Airtable every time a new entry in Google Sheets is made.

I’m not able to successfully get through the “test & review” steps in Zapier 

This is the google sheets tab (Above)

This is the new “tab” I created in AirTable. To create this, I just copy and pasted the data from Google Sheets into the Airtable tab. Is this the correct way to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Trev Chee 

Based on your screenshot it appears the field name being used no longer exists or has been renamed.

Check your Zap setup and perhaps pull in a new record to test with.

Also, reference these help articles: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Trev Chee 

This is the new “tab” I created in AirTable. To create this, I just copy and pasted the data from Google Sheets into the Airtable tab. Is this the correct way to do this?

Airtable and GSheets while similar have many difference.

Airtable works on a row by row basis for the data, so copying over the structure of the GSheet into Airtable won’t achieve the same results.

So is this automation possible?

I’m trying a different option for the action in Airtable. I’ve chosec “Create A Record” Instead of “Update Record”. But i’m still getting an error message. What am I doing wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Trev Chee 
Having the GSheet structured the way it is won’t work with a Zap.

Check out this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-to-set-up-your-google-spreadsheet-to-work-with-zapier

I read through the second last link you sent and although it was interesting, it didn’t answer my question connecting gSheets to Airtable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Trev Chee 

Some notes from the article which should help point you in the right direction about how the GSheet needs to be structured to work with a Zap:

• The first row must have titles for any column headers you want to be able to see in your Zap.
  • The second row must have content for any columns you want to be able to see in your Zap.
  • There can be no completely blank rows before the end of your spreadsheet.

Might be worth reviewing that article again to ensure your GSheet is structured correctly.

I will try to re-structure the gsheet and see if it works. Thank you for your help. I will let you know if it works…

I rearranged the whole structure of GSheets. 

it’s not giving me an error code like last time. but when I go to test the updated records, it still doesn’t go through 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Trev Chee 

This article might be helpful:

The Google Sheets trigger is marked "instant" but it still takes a few minutes to trigger

The triggers for Google Sheets are unique among Zapier triggers. When there is a trigger event in the spreadsheet, Zapier gets a notification webhook from Google about this. After that, Zapier sends Google Sheets a request for new data, so it uses both the polling and instant trigger methods. This process takes about 3 minutes overall.

While not being "instant", these triggers are faster than regular polling ones, as they don't depend on the polling interval of the plan your account uses.

Why are the fields in red? I thought I filled them out on the previous page. is this the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Trev Chee 

Don’t worry so much about those fields being red on that screen, when you test those data points will populate if you have selected them in the configuration section for that Zap step.