Best answer

If an image posted in Discord channel how to automatically respond with message?

• 14 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to make a Zap that will respond when an image is posted in the channel.

I tried doing this by using filter by zapier;
Attachments - (text) contains - .jpg
Also tried Content instead of attachment as first field. 
Ideally, I'd want it to respond only if it's an image posted by a specific user, but I figured I should first make this work.

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 August 2021, 12:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Artnerd, welcome to the Community! 

You’re totally on the right track with using a Filter step here. With attachments in Discord there should be a Content Type field that would contain details about the file type. For JPG images I believe those would come through as “image/jpeg”. So you could try changing the Filter to check that the Content Type field contains image/jpeg.

And in order to check whether it was posted by a specific user you’d add an AND condition to the Filter which checks that the author username is a match for the username of the desired user. This should ensure that the Zap will only continue if a JPG image was posted by a specific user.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if that does the trick! :)