Question

How to link Xero Invoices with corresponding HubSpot Deals using Zapier?

• 16 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I would like to have Invoices created in Xero, which are currently synced to Hubspot, to be linked with a Deal of the same name. Currently Xero is integrated using the Hubspot markeplace integration, this hands contacts and invoice sync.

Zapier is currently using new Xero Invoice to create a Deal in Hubspot, and update once paid to close.

Currently the Invoice and Deal that relate to the same sale, are not linked. I want to fix this.

Invoices don’t appear to be an available trigger. Eg. ‘New Invoice Created’ in Zapier.

Invoices also don’t appear in an associated search of the Contact that has an Invoice.

Any advice, is this possible? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LiamMcilveen 

Have you tried one of these Xero Zap triggers?

Thank you Troy.

I do currently use both of these from Xero to create a Deal, and then update as Deal Closed Won in Hubspot for Invoice Created, and Invoice Updated as Paid.

What I'm trying to do has two parts:

1. If I could find the trigger in from Hubspot for Invoices, I could probably make this a Hubspot → Hubspot Zap. The Xero to Hubspot Sync would take car of the Invoice into Hubspot. I can live without this.
  2. Regardless of #1, i’m also trying create an association between a Deal in Hubspot and the Invoice in Hubspot. We use Deals to report on for Trade Customer Sales, and a second Deal pipeline contains Synced Ecommerce Sales. Normally Hubspot users would create a Deal, progress through to winning the deal and then convert Deal to Invoice. There is not convert backwards. We take orders from Trade and Invoice from Xero, without a managed Deal prior.

Does that make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LiamMcilveen 

Try this Zap trigger: HubSpot - New Custom Object

Invoices might be treated as Custom Objects in HubSpot.

Otherwise, you may have to explore using HubSpot Workflows if your HubSpot plan supports it.

HubSpot Workflows actions can fire a Zap webhook: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/how-do-i-use-webhooks-with-hubspot-workflows

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

Thanks Troy.

Unfortunately it appears the Custom Objects only includes the Hubspot Custom Objects, not an Invoice. Sadly we also do not have access to workflows in our subscription.

I may be out of luck on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @LiamMcilveen,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like we have an open feature requests for the “Create Invoice” action in HubSpot and the “Add invoice integration to the Deal” action.

Please let me know if which feature request you would like to get added to.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LiamMcilveen 

Did you look into this?

Otherwise, you may have to explore using HubSpot Workflows if your HubSpot plan supports it.

HubSpot Workflows actions can fire a Zap webhook: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/how-do-i-use-webhooks-with-hubspot-workflows

Zap trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook