Question

How to verify 6-digit verification code sent to user via email for signup and login in Interfaces?

• 20 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Any help or suggestions with this scenario?  

I’ve created forms on Interfaces for Signup and Login.  
Signup creates new user on corresponding table.

Submitting the form also creates a random 6-digit number that is sent to the user by email.

Page then navigates to another page with a form that asks user to enter the 6-digit code to verify access and allow them to enter the app.

I cannot easily figure out how to verify the code.  Right now, the code is stored on a table that has the user email and code but I’m having trouble with a zap that confirms the code is correct.

Any help or solutions?  I guess the same question is related to whether passwords could/should be used on Interfaces.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dkap24 

Good question.

To help give us context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Thanks for the reply Troy and sorry for delay.  I’ve been in chats with Zapier new products team and they’ve also been helping me understand if this can be achieved.

In short, my vision cannot be done the way it’s currently built.  There isn’t a way for it to validate a code via tables and formulas.  That said, they did have an interesting solution using some Zapier built in features.

Below is the response from their team:

Thanks for contacting Zapier New Products support. My name is XXX, and I'll be happy to lend a hand.

I took a look at this, and I'm afraid it won't be possible to implement it, as we have no way to verify the code before directing the user to the gated page. Also, because the page isn't really protected by a password, it can be accessed directly using the URL.

Have you considered using the "Managed Users" access?

Since access settings are per project, you can create a separate project for the sign-up form and set this project to managed users. You can then set up a Zap that will trigger on form submissions, followed by an Interfaces step to add the user to the project with "Managed Users" access.

This should allow you to automate adding users to the project while utilizing the existing managed user access—see https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/18872714686605-Change-permissions-on-Zapier-Interfaces for reference.

Please give that a try and let me know how it goes.