Question

How to use Zapier to enter information on a webpage and return feedback to conversational AI?

• 17 August 2023
  • 7 replies

I want Zapier to enter information on a webpage and return the price, etc. to a conversational AI.

This is the webpage where I want to enter information using Zapier.

https://airportshuttlephoenix.ridebitsapp.com/central/new_reservation

This link only shows the first of four steps in the booking process. Feel free to enter values like Test Test for name, any address in Arizona or test@gmail.com for email to see additional steps. I noticed the url doesn’t change on steps 2-4.

The goal is for a conversational AI to get address and other customer information and enter the information on each step at the url above, return feedback like price, availability, etc. back to the conversational AI, and generate sales by completing step 4.

Happy to share more info about the AI I’m using once I get Zapier to enter the data on the website and generate sales.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ASP 

Can you please clarify your question?

I just rewrote the question above. Let me know if I missed anything important.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASP 

There is no question in your post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASP 

Zaps are meant for app-to-app (aka backend) data automation.

I think what you are seeking is browser (aka frontend) data automation.

Yeah, I’m aware. I have many Zaps that work. What I’m trying to figure out is how do people do something that I don’t know how to do...

Question: How do I get Zapier to enter information on a webpage? What apps can do that and also work with Zapier? If the app doesn’t work with Zapier, I can’t use it. The AI only supports actions through Zapier...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ASP 

Which AI are you trying to use?

That will help us have more context.

Hey there! 

Sounds like you're trying to automate the reservation process using a combination of Zapier and a conversational AI – that's a pretty cool project! From your description, it seems that this particular website doesn’t use dynamic URL changes across its steps, which can make direct web automation with Zapier a tad challenging.

Zapier, by design, integrates with apps and their APIs, but direct web page automation (like filling forms) isn't its strongest suit. You might need to use a combination of tools like Integromat or UIPath, or perhaps even a custom script, to effectively fill in the forms on that site, especially if there's CAPTCHA or other security measures involved.

Once you've figured out the automation of the form filling, fetching data like price and availability to return to the conversational AI is the next challenge. Depending on the AI tool you're using, you might need a custom script to extract that data or use a screen scraping tool.

Lastly, if you're aiming for a seamless customer experience, ensure that the conversation flows naturally, especially since humans will be interacting with your chatbot. If the booking process takes time on the website, you might also want to consider providing timely feedback to the user, so they know the bot is working on their request.

Best of luck with your project, and do keep us posted on your progress! Would love to see the finished product in action. 🚀👍

Cheers,
Asif