Question

How to use get a keyword alert when a keyword is mentioned on reddit?

• 14 September 2023
  • 2 replies

I just signed up and created a zap for whenever a keyword phrase was mentioned. 

1. Why did I need to connect my reddit account?  zapier wouldnt need access to my reddit account to know when a keyword is mentioned on reddit by anyone, so why require it?
  2. i connected my reddit account anyway (i have since disconected it) and did a test run and it seems like it searched my own reddit account (?) to see if i ever mentioned the keyword I want to get an alert for. Which makes no sense. I want to know whenever this keyword is mentioned in post title on any post. Did it truly search only my own account for mention of a keyword?
  3. there is a field that says include subreddits…?  reddit is made entirely of subreddits. reddit.com shows an individualized feed dependent upon what I happen to sibscribe to, so yes of course I’d want it to check all subreddits.  If I say yes, do i have to specify which individual subreddits I want it to check? or does selecting yes mean it will check all subreddits?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ReggieQ 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

it’s ok i;d prefer to stay private but ill watch zapier videos etc and see if i can figure it out. thanks anyway.