Question

How to update HubSpot deal when corresponding Stripe subscriptions changes?

• 16 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi you all! I’m new here in Zapier!!

I need two fields in each deal (Hubspot) to be updated when the corresponding Stripe subscription updates. How do I relate a deal and a Subscription in Zapier? I mean how can I related hubspot deal id or name to the customer's id or name on stripe? I know it works for a one-on-one zap. 

But  I was wondering if there is a way to make a zap in which Zapier detects an update in any subscription and automatically finds which enterprise deal in hubspot it refers to. So every deal would be updated but with only one zap made for the hole process itself (and not for each of the 200 subscriptions/deals). It's my first time on Zapier so I'm not sure if it works like this.

For example, I tried a zap in which Zapier detects if the customer email on Stripe is the same as the contact email from the deal in Hubspot, so it would automatically detect which deal to update, but that didn't work. Do you think something like this is possible? Or I should make 200 zaps to relate each subscription on Stripe with its deal on Hubspot?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @kvp16 ,

You cam use Meta Data while creating Stripe Subscriptions. In meta data you can store Hubspot Deal Id, Cotact Id,etc. So when customer pays for a subscription every week/month, you will get values in Meta Data object which you can use to update Hubspot Deals.