Question

How to syncing WordPress site and FloDesk for blog post notifications?

• 18 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I’m curious is anyone has any experience using Zaps to create blog post notifications sent only to subscribers to the blog using a sync between a WordPress site and FloDesk.

My guess is that I will have to create a subscriber list specifically for the blog on the WordPress site that adds subscriber emails to FloDesk (perhaps in a blog specific mailing list). Then I would have to create a sync that sends out an email to subscribers every time a blog post is created.

Does that sound about right? Would that be 4 total zaps (2 for signup, 2 for post notification emails)?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jdashley 

Well, Flodesk doesn’t have any action to send out emails in Zapier yet. You can use wordpress forms to add contacts to Flodesk via Zapier but at this time Zapier doesn’t have any action to send email from Flodesk. The alternative method would be using Flodesk API & Webhook by Zapier to get this done, which can be a bit technical.

Thank you, @robschmidt for the quick response. That doesn’t seem ideal. I’m not opposed to trying the alt method but that may be a bit beyond my typical webdev skills. I appreciate the recommendation.