Best answer

How to send an email 10 min before an event start time from a webhook

• 18 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

The goal of the Zap I’m setting up is the following:

• A user of our wellness app schedules a wellness session with one of our providers
  • The webhook data for this event includes the event start time, user email, joining link, etc.
  • 10 min before the event start time, I want to send an email to the user email reminding them that they have an upcoming session and sharing a joining link

Does anyone have a solution for how to delay the reminder email until 10 min before the event start time from the webhook? I haven’t seen a way to do this using a filter step. If possible I’d like to avoid having the trigger come from a Google calendar event instead.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 July 2022, 16:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @emilycorrigan!

Are the wellness sessions ever more than 30 days away from the point of booking? If not then you can use Delay by Zapier to delay the next step of the Zap until a time/day of your choosing (ie the start time minus 10 minutes). If clients can book an appointment more than 30 days out then I think you will need to use an app like Google Calendar. 

I hope that helps!