Best answer

How to send an auto-reply in slack when someone DMs me?

• 16 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

So my pals and I have a very small (only four of us) and informal workspace where we DM each other and share stuff. I’d like to be able to set a custom message response when anyone DMs me. For instance, if I’m playing a full screen game, I want to be able to set something like “I’m playing a game, DM me on discord” or something similar. This seems like it should be really easy, but I can’t figure out how to do it - there isn’t a trigger event for getting a DM. I’ve tried using my slack ID as a custom value, but I can’t get that to work.

Someone else asked about this 7 months ago, but there was no reply that explains how to do this.

Anyone?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 27 April 2021, 02:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hey @Xylem Flow,

interesting idea. As you already mentioned there is no trigger for DMs in Slack. Maybe this is something you can work with thou? Let me know.

Hi,

Have you figured out coding or a way of automatic DMs? I would like to integrate it on my site to automatically send quick responses to my clients. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Xylem Flow!

I took a look at the Slack API docs and I don’t see anything that would allow you to get DMs (it’s possible that I missed something).

You could also post in our Hire a Pro forum to see if anyone is able to help you out :)