Question

How to record multi select from Webflow in Airtable?

• 28 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, we are building a impact survey on webflow that will be recorded in airtable. One part of our survey has a multi select option. When a form is submitted it is showing as “truefalsetruetrue” instead of showing each individual element. 

I thought that Zapier might be able to help but I am not having much luck. I even tried paths however it will only record one answer instead of selecting multiple options. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cybercollective 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with the DATA OUT from the trigger step that you were trying to use.

@Troy Tessalone 

This is what shows up in Zapier when a form is submitted:

These are all options on our form. 

x

This is how the data is shown in Airtable. I am trying to figure out how I can select each individual item instead of everything coming through as one string. 

I tried to use paths but when I tried this each path would override the last instead of selecting a additional item in the multi select field. 

I also don’t pay for paths, and am hoping to find a solutions that doesn't require me to upgrade. 

I saw a few articles mention about using the formatter to help with this, however nothing has worked for me quite yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@cybercollective 

Here’s the JavaScript for a Code step:

// Create an object to hold the variables
var SET = {
SocialMedia: inputData.SocialMedia,
Workshop: inputData.Workshop,
Conference: inputData.Conference,
Other: inputData.Other
};

// Filter the object for truthy values and return the keys in an array